Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Crustless Pumpkin Pie







The Pumpkin Season has finally begun and the house smells like fall. I have more pumpkin than I need and I can't wait to realize new pumpkin recipe ideas. The first one I would like to share with you is the crustless pumpkin pie. This is a classic pumpkin pie made with sour cream and a small amount of flour to help it hold its shape. This pie is much lighter than the traditional pie so you can actually eat more of it. And, what is more, this is kind of a magic pie. During the baking, the top becomes slightly caramelized which was my favourite part of it. 

P.S. Last week I made a round up of my summer recipes and picked out the best ones. If you haven't seen it yet, please check it out here!

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

2 cups pumpkin puree
150g light brown sugar
3 large eggs
100g sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
20g flour

1) Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Lightly grease a 18cm baking pan.

2) In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add sugar, sour cream and pumpkin. Whisk until incorporated. Add salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and flour. Mix to combine.

3) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set in the middle. Let cool completely and transfer to refrigerator. Let sit for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.

Recipe by collecting memories



6 comments:

  1. Love it!!!

    Sometimes you feel like a pie, but you don't want to prepare the crust: mix, knead, refrigerate, extend, fridge again, bake with beans, bake without beans, cool... Boring, I want my cake now!!!
    But if you don't use the crust, some recipes won't turn out well.

    That's what I love this kind of recipes: crustless cheesecake, crustless quiche... No, I have also this pumpkin pie, ready for the season, and I see perfect texture!!

    I steal you the recipe!! ;) I'll show you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? :D Okay, I can't wait to hear how it turns out for you! I agree with you about the crust. I love both a pie with crust and without it. But it just takes so much time to prepare it :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, so excited for pumpkin pie! Haven't made it yet, but since me and crust don't have the best relationship, this looks like a winner to me! The texture looks beyond creamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's time to make a pumpkin pie!! Since the fall has started, I've been eating pumpkin almost everyday. I'm pretty sure you could eat this pie everyday too and not to worry about the calories. :]

      Delete
  3. Can I change the sour cream for yogurt? And is it possible to use low-fat or 0% fat greek yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I haven't tried it with greek yogurt, I can't tell if it's gonna work. But I do believe the texture/taste of sour cream and greek yogurt is similar and this substitution might be possible. If you do try this, please tell me how it turns out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...