Saturday, June 04, 2016

Soft and Chewy Dark Brown Sugar Cookies




I just love using dark brown sugar in cookies. It doesn't let them spread as much as if you used only white sugar, meaning they turn out nice and thick. It makes cookies soft and chewy, and adds moisture that doesn't dry out within a few days. Yeah, you can keep those for a week or so and the texture will remain as moist & soft as the first day. In fact, I prefer to eat them after they stand at room temperature for a couple of days as I find them chewier.
This recipe is an adaptation of my coconut oil cookies (link below in pink). In fact, these came out pretty similar. They were slightly thinner as I used half white half dark brown sugar as well as butter instead of coconut oil. 
Just a quick reminder - don't overbake! It's way better to underbake a little, trust me! That way they will turn out soft and chewy. However, if you prefer crispy cookies, an additional minute in the oven will help.


Soft and Chewy Dark Brown Sugar Cookies

113g / 1/2 cup butter, softened
100g / 1/2 cup soft dark brown sugar
100g / 1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
220g / 1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder

1) In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. 

2) Add flour, cornstarch, soda, baking powder and salt. Mix just until combined. 


3) Roll the dough into balls and place on a baking tray lined with a parchment paper. Leave a lot of space between each cookie - they will spread. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight (you can freeze them as well).


4) Preheat oven to 180C / 350F. Bake for 8-10 minutes (10-12 if frozen; do not defrost before baking) or until golden brown. Remove from the oven even if the centers look underbaked. That will give you chewy and fudgy texture. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.


Recipe adapted from my favorite Soft Dark Brown Sugar Coconut Oil Cookies.


5 comments:

  1. they look sooooo good!
    https://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I think I want a chocolate chip cookie, I realize that what I actually wanted was the chewy brownness of the cookie itself, and I end up eating around the chocolate chips. I feel like those situations call for these cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I adore a great chewy cookie, Gaby. These cookies are screaming for me to bake! Simply delectable:)

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice recipe reccomended. I think i will use it in my app. If you want you may give a look to my recipe quiz app and put some feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...